I hope to get past some of my biggest fears and problems this year. But to just SAY that is one thing, especially when what I am saying is so vague. Here are some of my goals for this year.
1. National Novel Writing Month- Reach 50,000 words in one month. I know someone who has done this and they were quite proud of the accomplishment. I have been saying I would do this for the last 2 years, but have yet to reach this goal.
2. April is Poetry Month- Write at least 2 poems a day in the month of April. Last year I wrote 1 a day, while most days I wrote a lot more. I hope to write 300 new poems this year, putting me that much closer to my goal of beating out Emily Dickinson by sheer volume. If only I could get the prestige as well.
3. Be top debater in both the state AND the league. These events are judged separately. I managed to be the top debater in the league this year. To my bitter disappointment, I barely even made it in to the final session at the state tournament. I would also like a gavel for being a PO, since I have yet to receive one. Not to mention a Best Bill Award.
4. Get at least a 30 on the ACT, with a math subscore of at least 28. I took a practice one and I got a 27, but I would like to do better. Get a 4 on the U.S. Government AP exam.
5. Read 500 books. I have a list of book, about 510 books long, that I would like to read. I do not expect all of the ones I actually read this year to be from this list, but it would be nice.
6. Finish ‘Unsent Letters’, ‘Unconscious’ and ‘If you were me’ , the current books I am writing.
7. Be accepted to Eastern Michigan University. I want to go there so bad it is ridiculous. Also be accepted to U of M, just so I can turn them down.
8. I have perfect attendance at school. I haven’t missed a day of school in the last two years, and I would like to keep it that way.
9. Blog more. I really need to get in more posts this year. I’ll just make sure to write down my posts on scrap sheets of paper.